Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I eat ice cream while I am pregnant ?

I am 4 months pregnant and love ice creams. What does soft serve ice cream mean, I read that they are to be avoided ? I usually have store bought Nestle ice creams, are they safe ?Can I eat ice cream while I am pregnant ?
If you are otherwise healthy, ice cream is not 'bad' for you. There is calcium so that is a good thing, however it is full of other not so good things so moderation will be key.





Congrats! Mine is 3months old and I can't imagine life without him!!!Can I eat ice cream while I am pregnant ?
ice cream is one of the favorite things of pregnant women. lol You're safe. Soft-serve ice cream is the kind of icrecream that mcdonalds and dairyqueen serve.


Store bought nestle is fine.
of course you can actually if u are constipated it will help with you going to the bathroom (i am 3 months) happy eating
Tub ice cream is absolutely fine. The concerns about soft serve such as you get from fast food places is that the ice cream is kept at a warmer temperature to keep it soft. Also because it is stored in big machines that dispense it the concern is if the machine is not cleaned properly and disinfected regularly it could harbor toxins and food poisoning.





While the majority of people can tolerate small amounts of these kinds of bacteria and pass them through their systems with no side effects, your baby can't. It's the same reason why you should stay away from processed meats like hot dogs, lunch meats and soft cheeses. Also make sure you don't leave milk and juices out of the fridge or leave your butter out on the table all day.





While it's very rare in today's age of cleanliness to come into contact with listeria, botchulism, samonella and other forms of food poisoning, why take chances? While you might just get a tummy ache from eating some of these bacteria, your baby is not going to get off so easy. It's a small sacrifice to make for the health of your baby to give up soft serve ice cream, especially when there are so many better flavors available with hard ice cream!!!
I don't see why not!
Of course you can. That is the best part of being pregnant.
i see no reason why u cannot eat ice cream
I hope so. I've been eating icecream. I've never heard anything about icecream not being okay.
I have eatin ice cream my whole pregnancy so far ';I am 19 weeks'; and everything is perfect with my son... Many pregnant women want and crave ice cream during pregnancy, and unless they have health issue all of them eat it. Relax and enjoy your ice cream... Congratulations and Best of Luck......
Hi Yes you can eat icecream whilst pregnant, but just stay away from soft serve icecream that you find at places like McDonalds, BurgerKing etc, If you have a milkshake make sure you ask for tubbed icecream, as in milkshakes they use the softserve. Softserve icecream is the liquid form which sits in the top of the mixer and when they pour it out it comes out as a cream substance which is not exactly safe to eat if your pregnant and this can harbour bacteria such as listeria which can cause problems and defects in the baby, but by all means go ahead and enjoy eating tubs of icecream, I know I do:)
Eat all you want...this is probably the only time in your life you can and won't feel guilty. =)
oops I just ate an Ice cream sandwich. LOL No its not bad for you or the baby, silly. I personally think my little one likes it cause she kicks like crazy everytime I eat one!
OF COURSE. HOPE YOU SMARTEN UP, YOU WILL BE RAISING A CHILD.

No comments:

Post a Comment