Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can anyone tell me the name of plant/small tree that has trumpet like flowers yellow or pink or cream.?

I am in CA, I see them often. They could be rooted from a small branch and grow even to a big tree. It is easy to grow and when adult and blooming the whole tree looks like huge chandelier. The trumpets are hanging down. They are the same size and same shape. It is sooo beautiful.Can anyone tell me the name of plant/small tree that has trumpet like flowers yellow or pink or cream.?
They are called Angels Trumpet. They are said to attract bats, but I have yet to see that for myself.Can anyone tell me the name of plant/small tree that has trumpet like flowers yellow or pink or cream.?
The common name is Angel's Trumpet, or Datura. They are root hardy (top may freeze back, but plant will survive) and should do well in California. Some parts are poisonous and/or halucinogenic---do not eat any of it. Nice fragrance in the evening...Lise from Texas
Angel's Trumpet or Brugmansia
They are MOON PlANTS
It's called a trumpet plant...Or I think some people call it Michael's Trumpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment