Thursday, December 31, 2009

How much barrier cream do you generally use on your baby?

For a school project.How much barrier cream do you generally use on your baby?
NONE - it traps moisture on the skin which can make a rash even worse. Small amount of corn starch with every diaper change and my 4 month old hasn't had diaper rash once!How much barrier cream do you generally use on your baby?
Just a little dab on my finger. Enough to put a thin film on the affected area.





If you are talking about frequency, I use it whenever her little bottom gets a little red. I typically use it at night too, to prevent a rash b/c I know she'll be in a wet diaper for longer than she would be during the day.
I don't use any. Disposable nappies draw moisture away from your baby's skin to keep them dry if you use a barrier cream it sticks to the surface of the nappy and stops it absorbing water. Neither of my children have suffered a nappy rash.
only use it when bottom is sore, you cant beat fresh air and a barrier not only blocks out nasties but also blocks air. i use a mixture made of metanium and vasaline.
Like it says on the tube, a 'generous' amount.
as much as you need to...whick is nort a hole lot
I only use a little when he gets a little red. He's never actually had a rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment