Thursday, December 31, 2009

Several years ago I made a ambrosia salad with whipping cream. I can't find that recipe now.?

I've seen many receipes with cool whip but that's not the kind I'm looking for. Basically I need to know how much whipping cream to use with a large can of fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, cherries, grapes, chuck pineapples. Then the whipping cream just gets firm with a hand mixer, right? Thanks for your help.Several years ago I made a ambrosia salad with whipping cream. I can't find that recipe now.?
use dream whip and I would just keep adding and mixing until it is the way you like it I am not sure about exact amounts but that is what I doSeveral years ago I made a ambrosia salad with whipping cream. I can't find that recipe now.?
For that amount of fruit, you should 1/2 cup of whipping cream, whipped. The cream will get firm when whipped - but be sure the bowl and mixer beaters are chilled for best results.
mandarin oranges


pineapples


marhmellow


bananas


sour cream





mix well, then regridgerate for 4-5 hours
I make sure all my fruits are well drained. I use 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream. It well make about 3 cups when whipped. Fold the fruit into the whipped cream.
Ambrosia Salad


Makes 6 servings








3/4 cup orange diced


2 bananas ripe, sliced


1/2 cup green seedless grape


1/4 cup dates cut-up pitted (optional)


3 tablespoons lemon juice


1/4 cup coconut flaked


1 cup mayonnaise


1/2 cup whipped cream





Combine the orange, bananas, grapes and dates, sprinkle with lemon juice and chill. Fold mayonnaise in whipped cream. Serve on lettuce and sprinkle with the flaked coconut.





* Cool Whip may be used instead of whipped cream.
This might work to modify using your choice of fruits and other ingredients:





http://www.recipezaar.com/106260

No comments:

Post a Comment