Thursday, December 31, 2009

What type of cream is best to use?

My 4 month has extremely dry skin and my doctor told me to use cream on her instead of lotion. Anyone know of a good brand to use?What type of cream is best to use?
Vaseline Instensive Care Lotion. It's a white bottle with dark blue top.





also, be careful with the temp of the water you bathe her in. hotter water contributes to drier skin.





either lotion you pick... just make sure it is unscented. no fragrance or dyes.





good luck!


all the best :)What type of cream is best to use?
My son had extremely dry skin too. My sons doctor first suggested to alternate between cortaid and eucerin. (since cortaid or cortezone is a steriod. use should always alternate, and only use it for a week)





or what i found to work the best (since that method didnt work for my son) i found AVEENO lotion (for extremely dry skin, it comes with a dark blue top) to work wonders. def. helped my son's skin. You can even get the body wash/shampoo... and then apply the lotion after giving your daughter a bath.
Eucerin or Cetaphil cream works very well. We use Cetaphil only because we can get it in bulk at Costco. My kids and I have very sensitive skin. We use fragrance free soap (Dove or Oil of Olay sensitive), laundry detergent, fabric softener, and lotion. If any of us are starting to get a dry patch on our skin I apply a thick layer of the lotion after a shower or bath and it usually clears it right up.
Yes. My son had it as well. Stop using the Johnsons %26amp; Johnsons products if you are using those. Or any of the baby smelly good kinds. Its not good for their skin.





Buy EUCERIN lotion. And DOVE (unscented) body wash. It cleared my sons skin up within a week.





We first thought it was the lotion.. so we changed that and just kept using the body wash.. but nothing changed... so once we changed the body wash too...his dry skin cleared up.
Eucerin is excellent for VERY dry skin; I am also a big fan of Baby Einstein lotion- it works well with dry skin, and smells fantastic!
Aquafor works really well.
cetaphil ...it works the best for babys dry skin..

No comments:

Post a Comment