Saturday, December 26, 2009

Will freezing adversely affect leftovers of brown rice prepared with cream of chicken soup and milk?

There's also chicken breast and some butter in it.





I think I've heard that freezing things that contain milk is not recommended... is this true? Since I used milk and cream of chicken soup to make the rice (instead of water), should I avoid freezing?





Thanks.Will freezing adversely affect leftovers of brown rice prepared with cream of chicken soup and milk?
No, that'll be okay. The rice will probably absorb more of the soup by the time you reheat it. You shouldn't freeze milk by itself because the water and fat components separate when thawed, but as an ingredient, it's fine.Will freezing adversely affect leftovers of brown rice prepared with cream of chicken soup and milk?
No it shouldn't affect it, just make sure whatever you put it in has all the air pushed out. For Instance, if you are using a zip- lock bag, push all the air out before you zip it. This avoids freezer burnings, or having your food tasting stale.
Hi: I wouldn't freeze it, not only would the dairy in it probably separate, but I think the texture of the rice would be altered (and not in a good way!)
I don't see the problem. Ice cream has milk in it. I freeze all sorts of leftovers. The two things I wouldn't freeze are sour cream and cheese, it changes the texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment