Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just wondering, can cream cheese be frozen?

I love to make New York style cheese cakes from time to time and would like to stock up when it is on sale.Just wondering, can cream cheese be frozen?
Regular brick cream cheese can be frozen up to 2 months for use as an ingredient in recipes.


http://kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?m=contac鈥?/a>Just wondering, can cream cheese be frozen?
Yes but it is not going to taste any good when you eat it. You better not freeze it.
yes
My mom once put my cream cheese packs in the freezer, I defrosted and found it got dehydrated, not as creamy when I mixed it with sugar, the texture changed. I would not like to have frozen cream cheese as ingredient again! It tasted the same, just the texture changed, dry, not so smooth. So as sour cream, it becomes crumby
yes, you can freeze it, just put it in the fridge the night before you want to use it, and let it thaw in there over night..
Yes, it can. But you have to let soften, before you use it, on the day that you're going to use it.
It doesn't go bad if frozen but the texture is very dry and crumbly after it's thawed. I'm not sure how well that would work in a cheesecake recipe.
  • myspace.com widgets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment